Select Risk Register on the side menu.
Here you are provided with an overview of all the existing risks in your register. To get started select Create New Risk.
There are 5 steps to create a new risk:
Steps 1-3 are completed by the user creating the new risk.
2. Scope (N.B. this option is only visible if your system uses the Enhanced Risk Register)
Steps 4-5 are completed by the user responsible for the risk (this does not have to be the same user creating the risk).
Here you can enter key information about this risk.
- Category - Select from a predefined list of Risk Categories. These are created by system Administrators. Click here to find out how to create and amend Risk Categories.
- Description - This is a mandatory free-text box to enter the key details of the risk and provide context for others to view at a later date.
- Impact - This is an optional free-text box to explain the likely impact this risk will have.
- Supporting documents - Select Upload should you wish to add any associated documents to this risk.
- Person responsible - Chose the individual responsible for this risk. This will have defaulted to the user who is responsible for the Category you have selected, as set by the system Administrators, so if you are unsure who should be responsible, leave the name as it has defaulted.
- Notify responsible person - Select this option if you wish to email the person selected above to be notified of their responsibly for this risk.
When you are happy with your information select Next to continue.
This option will only appear if your system uses the Enhanced Risk Register.
Use the drop-down option to select whether this risk applies to the Organisation, or a particular Region or Location.
When selecting Region or Location you will need to select the particular Region or Location in question. These are created by your system Administration.
The scope selected will also help determine who can see the risks, i.e. if a user has permission for their given location, they may be able to see all risks for their location, but not any risks for other locations.
Select Next to continue.
3. Current Score
Select the most relevant Consequence and Likelihood for this risk within the Risk Matrix. The Risk Matrix options may differ depending on your system configuration.
If you are NOT the person responsible for managing this risk, you have now completed all the relevant steps to create a new risk. Click Create Risk at the bottom of the page.
If you ARE the person responsible for the risk, Click Next to complete two additional steps: 4. Review and 5. Target.
The person responsible for the risk is set at Step 1 in the risk Details.
5. Target Score
Once complete you'll be brought to the summary page for this particular risk. Here you can:
To return to the Risk Register, and view all your risks together, select the option in the side panel or choose Risk register on the bread-crumb trail at the top left of the page.